Friday, July 16, 2010

One Hundred Sixty-Nine


Do you think I'm strange, how I fight to hold on to you, kicking and screaming against my hearts own will to survive? It must seem crazy--the endurance of such pain, for so few results. And I wonder if you're the one trying to shake me loose--secretly biting my knuckles as I hang on to the safety bar of our relationship? I love you. Is that so wrong? People do crazy shit for love all the time. But maybe one day you'll tell me the truth--help me with my madness, you'll sit me down and move close--knee to knee, and then, you'll either say "Baby, thank you for the fight. Thank you for believing I'm worth the struggle. I'm sorry it's been so hard on you, but it's okay now, and I'll repay you by honoring and loving you until the last of your days." or else, you'll take my hand, and over tear stained cheeks, you'll tell me "Jack, I'm sorry that I lied to you. This isn't for me, this love you seek. I need you to let me go, leave me be, and please just drift away."

No comments:

Post a Comment