Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sixty-One


I missed you today. I know that sounds pedestrian and trite, but if you saw the way you woke up, me missing you would seem unbelievable. You told me you didn't sleep. You called me a time thief. You hung up on me when I teased. And you know what I did? When you were sassing me I studied your lips--they were smooth and sweet, slightly wet and parted. When you hung up on me I admired the quickness in your stroke, your determination, and your force. You can't scare me away, I'm big, and I'm a perfect being.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, Jack. You amaze me sometimes. I hope that someday I can experience a love even remotely resembling something like this. I know this has everything to do with the lover and not the loved. It is a difficult journey to get to the place where you can love like that. I just havent made it there yet. Someday I will grow into that type of being, but not yet. Not yet. Still holding onto all that baggage.

    ReplyDelete