Monday, February 15, 2010

Day Sixteen

The realization that I'd never truly loved someone (that I was sleeping with) came this morning. I could be unconditional with friends, but once I became attached physically, I became afraid.
I'm in a relationship with a woman that I love--meaning, I'm willing to let her be whatever she wants to be. And although afraid of losing her, her interests are important to me, and I support whatever path she chooses.
I'm sorry for the way I treated my past affairs--women that deserved my love and got none, and I wish they could forgive me my inability at those times. Maybe if I thought there was more to life than this short span on earth, I would be less afraid, more willing to let go,but I do not. For me, life is short and I am so very selfish, but my love for her has over-ridden my fears, and I'm willing to open my hands and release her.

1 comment: